Who We Are
The Indigenous Senior Resource Centre is a non-profit, charitable organization that utilizes a holistic approach to ensure the respect and well-being of Indigenous Seniors in Winnipeg.
Our goal is to help improve the health and well-being of Indigenous Seniors in Winnipeg. We aim to do this by:
- Increasing access to information, resources, and supports for Indigenous Seniors.
- Creating opportunities for active involvement within the community as a means of achieving physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual balance.
- Providing opportunities for Indigenous Seniors to pass on their traditional values and historical knowledge to our younger generations.
- Create an environment where Indigenous Seniors can celebrate their uniqueness and build strong community friendships.
Indigenous Seniors have the right to be a part of the decision-making process on all matters affecting their lives and their community.
Rights of Indigenous Seniors:
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- The right to live in comfort, safety, and security.
- The right to access health, social, and other services in a culturally sensitive environment.
We believe that Indigenous Seniors should be returned to their rightful place as teachers and mentors.