Monday – Friday
Summer Hours(Summer Hours from June until mid September)
Goals & Objectives
Our goal is to help improve the health and well-being of Aboriginal Seniors in Winnipeg. We aim to do this by:
- Increasing access to information, resources and supports for Aboriginal Seniors.
- Creating opportunities for active involvement within the community as a means of achieving physical, emotional, mental and spiritual balance.
- Providing opportunities for Aboriginal Seniors to pass on their traditional values and historical knowledge to our younger generations.
- Create an environment where Aboriginal Seniors can celebrate their uniqueness and build strong community friendships.
Aboriginal Seniors have the right to be a part of the decision-making process on all matters affecting their lives and their community.
Rights of Aboriginal Seniors:
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- The right to live in comfort, safety and security.
- The right to access health, social and other services in a culturally sensitive environment.
We believe that Aboriginal Seniors should be returned to their rightful place as teachers and mentors.
The Aboriginal Senior Resource Centre is a non-profit, charitable organization that utilizes a holistic approach to ensure the respect and well-being of Aboriginal Seniors in Winnipeg.